9.19.2010

Always "Studying"



So basically, the background behind this strip is about Johnny and what he brings home from school. Every day, Johnny's notebooks are full of doodles, and I can only imagine that his school day goes something like what is pictured above. He looks super busy, but in fact, all he is doing is drawing. Which is awesome. It's what I do (or did in class), so I get a kick out of the fact that my little brother does the same.

You may notice, I've tried editing on the computer lately. The backgrounds are filled in using photoshop, and in my opinion, they look pretty good. Who knows, I may try color soon!


I haven't updated this blog in about a week, so no one knows what has been happening in my life (because obviously everyone read this blog, and that is their one and only method of finding out how I'm doing). THEREFORE, here is, in list format, everything semi-significant that has happened to me recently (that I can remember):

- this past Sunday I flew down to Pensacola to get a flight physical
-so I can hopefully go to flight school after OCS and TBS and become a pilot
- on the flight down, I sat next to a pilot in the Marine Corps, who flies in HMX-1
-HMX-1 is the Presidential Helo Squadron (i.e. they fly the President and staff around in Marine Corps One).
-So that was awesome, and I got to talk about all sorts of stuff, and we went out to dinner.
-Very lucky for me.
- Pensacola rocked. The other Officer Candidates and I went out and hit the town. I danced with a 70 year old lady. Swam in the ocean at night. Drank multiple margaritas. Took a jello shot.
- got back on Wednesday, and nothing really significant has happened until yesterday.
- yesterday, Johnny had a football game, where he played QB and did fairly well. However, they lost pretty bad.
- Johnny's best friend from home, Ben Wilson, and his sister and mom came to visit, and well as my Godfather, Pat Connelly. I cooked hamburgers (burnt them. shit.) and we all drank some beers and watched football. Good stuff.
- today the Johnwa had a lacrosse game, and he kicked butt.

That's my life. I have had no deep thoughts lately, so consider yourself lucky, you don't have to listen to me ramble. Just enjoy the comics! And if you have any suggestions for future strips, just leave a note, and I'll see if I can't sketch it up!

1 comment:

  1. why don't you do one to about you guys on christmas sort of to do with the picture of you guys on facebook on christmas morning. that might be interesting

    ReplyDelete

Followers