9.06.2010

Spot Assist




My brothers and I play this video game called Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It's a war game, and the point is for your team to get more kills than the other team. Along the way, you can get points for cool kills and assists and whatnot. One type of assist is called a "Spot Assist." It happens when you see a member of the opposite team, allowing them to pop up on your team's radar, and one of your teammates kills him because of that. It's a pretty queer way to rack up points. Anyway, we like to joke around about it, and say, "O.M.G., I seen the bad guy, I seeeeen him. Now someone go killlllll him! yaaaay! Spot Assist! Yay!"

well, it's funny to us anyway, and that's all that matters.

But seriously everyone, wouldn't war be better if it was point-based? No need for excessive killing, just a point system: sort of "tag, you're it" deal. "Hey, HEY! I see you, you have to sit out the next ten minutes of this battle!" Ah, if only.


I decided that I am going to start making this blog more blog-like. No one really visits it anyway, so I might as well ramble in the text. Don't worry, I'll always start with the comic of the day and a description of what the joke actually means. Then you can continue reading, or just move on.

So on a personal note, I have applied, been accepted, and am shipping off to Quantico, VA for Marine Corps OCS (Officer Candidate School) in THREE WEEKS! Truth be told, I am a little anxious about the transition, but greater than that, I am excited to finally be moving on with my life, and especially into a vocation that I believe in and will be happy in. But yeah, wish me luck or whatever. Oh, and don't ask me what I'll be doing in the Corps, because I really don't know yet. Hopefully pilot, maybe infantry, maybe intelligence, maybe a friggin clerk.

Other than that, I am just hanging out at home, kickin back, exercising, drawing (finally starting again), and enjoying my last few scraps of free time before hell starts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers